Recipes

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pork Chops!

So, I made some delicious pork chops last night.  I kind of used this recipe:  Mustard Grilled Pork Chops With Basil-Apricot relish.  I made a couple small changes.  First as it's February in Washington, I was unable to find apricots, so I settled for some nectarines.  Instead of buying raspberry vinaigrette (mostly because I forgot to put it on my list, ha) I used some apple cider vinegar. I also passed on the optional cardamom.  The biggest changes was instead of slathering the meat with mustard just before grilling, I whipped up some honey mustard sauce and marinaded the meat for a few hours.  Add a nice salad and some mixed veggies and it was a wholly delicious and satisfying meal.  B did not appreciate the relish, but T and I both thought it was a nice change up. 

B and I also made some dessert when he got home from school.  I'm a sweet freak, so I'm trying to find some good Paleo choices.  So far, they all seem to fall a bit flat.  Mostly because without all the sugar, everything is tasting a bit bland.  This was ok, not something that I'll ever be craving though.  Raw No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment